Monday, April 19, 2010

Learn Day Trading and Find Out If It’s For You

I was in my late 20s, working as a middle school teacher, and loving my job. And I was becoming intrigued by emails from one of my college friends, who’d become a full-time day trader and kept telling me how much money he was making on the stock market.

He suggested I enroll in a day trading course that he had completed some years earlier, and I thought, "why not?" I wanted to find out what day trading was all about and whether it was something that would suit me. At the time I entered the course, I knew barely anything about the stock market – the numbers in my head were mostly algebraic formulas and long division problems.

I gradually picked up some day trading tips, and was pleased to discover that there were some basic rules for how watch for patterns, put the pieces together and connect the dots, and watch for trends and set targets. But the real key to being a successful day trader, I learned, is being able to manage and control emotions, develop an unwavering mindset, and know how to make split decisions.

I mastered the rules of day trading, but I knew that I would never make a good day trader because I didn’t have the right psychological attitude. So, I’m still doing what I love best – putting my heart and soul into teaching sixth graders – while also keeping an eye on the stock market!

No comments:

Post a Comment