Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Starting out as a day trader

After finishing college, I scored a great marketing job but kept living in a share house with my college friends, so I was paying barely anything on rent. I was managing to save a fair bit of money, so I decided to invest some of my savings and began to look into day trading.

I knew very little about trading, so I read a few books on market psychology. Pretty soon, I signed up for a course on how to trade because I knew how important it was to be educated – this was not something I was going to go into lightly. I started to learn strategies on how to analyze the stock market and look for patterns in what was happening. The stock market was not a guessing game, I learned, and it was important to be disciplined at all times. Trading involves making a lot of split decisions – whether to buy, whether to sell, whether to do it now, or wait for the stock to rise or fall a little.

I was fascinated by everything I learned through the course, and finally I bought some shares I was comfortable with, and treated it as a hobby. I really enjoy watching the fluctuation of the stocks, and I’m constantly learning more about the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment